Thursday 16 June 2022

29. Photography of vegetables in a supermarket tip.

 PHOTOGRAPHY TIP by Dr Sing Kong Yuen. Where do you focus in this case?


I focus on the broccoli in the centre of the view. I use single central focus on my DSLR Canon EOs 90D Camera, using P Mode.


This photo has been cropped as the bigger photo shows apples on the upper side. So the mid point of the photo where I focus on the brocoli will be not at mid point in this image. 


Practise makes perfect. I do not know whether this image is acceptable by www.shutterstock.com yet. 



Is asparagus a vegetable, a fruit, or an herb? Have you wondered too? 


Often seen as a sign that spring has come, asparagus is a delicious addition to many springtime dishes, including salads and veggie-filled frittatas. 


Asparagus (left, bottom) is a nutrient-dense perennial vegetable that grows in temperate climates around the world.




UPDATE IN 28 FEB 2024.
As I read more photography magazines, the most recommended tip for good images is to use the AV Mode as you don't have to worry about the changing lighting environment. I find this to be true.
In the above supermarket photo, I should have used AV, f/11, ISO 400 and auto shutter speed to get a better shot. 

Borrow and read photography magazines to acquire more sophisticated digital imaging skills. There is no short cut to being skilful as mentors only have limited amount of time for you.  


No comments:

Post a Comment